Reasons to give to the International Rescue Committee
At a time when more than 68 million people are uprooted by crisis worldwide, here are 14 reasons to give to the International Rescue Committee:
- The IRC was founded at the call of Albert Einstein.
- We have been saving lives for 85 years.
- When there is a crisis the IRC is there, whether at the U.S.-Mexico borderor in war-torn Syria.
- We provide aid within 72 hours after an emergency.
- We provide medical care in the hardest-to-reach places on earth.
- We reunite refugee families who have been torn apart by war, persecution or policies.
- We help refugees worldwide AND are a leading U.S. resettlement agency.
- We respond to humanitarian emergencies and stay as long as we are needed.
- We were the first aid organization to develop an international team dedicated to preventing violence against women and girls.
- We are at the forefront of re-imagining and improving humanitarian aid.
- We are leaders in offering cash assistance to refugees.
- We not only provide emergency aid, we also help refugees restart their lives with education, homes and jobs.
- We have exceptionally high charity rankings.
- We never, ever give up on refugees.